Serve others by utilizing your talents and skills! We schedule volunteers for an hour or more, so please contact a Volunteer Coordinator to make arrangements, and receive your ‘First-time Instructions’.
- KITCHEN ASSIST: (Must be able to stand, ages 14+, ages 12 & 13 must be accompanied by an adult.) Help with food preparation and/or serve a meal. Shifts available daily.
- MEN’S SHELTER SUPPORT: (Males, ages 18+) Serve coffee, distribute laundry supplies, answer the phone, office tasks, build rapport with the guest in the Men’s Shelter.
- CLASS INSTRUCTORS: Classes are 8-10 weeks. We provide classes to both our Curtis Center (Men’s 2-year transitional program) and our Family Shelter. Instructors do not have to be certified educators. We are open to topic suggestions, based on your knowledge, experience and heart.
- Suggested Topics: Computer Skills, Microsoft Excel (basic), Finance, Nutrition, Cooking on a budget, Hobbies, Parenting, Homemaking & Organization, Self-Improvement, Journaling, Stress Management, Biblical instruction.
- CHILD CARE: Come play with our youngest guests, ages 5 and under, in our well-stocked daycare. (*Must complete and pass a background check prior to volunteering.)
- OFFICE HELP & ORGANIZATION: Help us stuff envelopes, do data entry, reorganize our storage closets, take inventory, or change out seasonal items.
Homeless Prevention Center Opportunities
- WAREHOUSE OR SHOPPING ASSISTANT: (Ages 14+) Help sort, organize and stock shelves with donations. Clean and organize shopping areas. Connect with and help our multi-cultural population shop (foreign language skills are a plus).
Free Medical Clinic
- MEDICAL DOCTORS & OFFICE SUPPORT: We are an all-volunteer clinic with a diverse team of students, professionals and retirees.