These projects come around once a year, but make a lasting impact. Get your family, friends and co-workers together to make a big difference.
Please Note: These opportunities can fill up quickly, please contact our Volunteer Services Director (unless otherwise indicated) for dates, times and number of volunteers needed. Age-restrictions may apply.
Year-Round Special Opportunities
- SACK LUNCH PROGRAM: This program is available for those who cannot attend meal times at the Mission. Lunches can be prepared at volunteers’ homes or at the Mission with prior arrangement.
- Preferred items: 1 sandwich, 1 carbohydrate, 1 piece of fruit, 1 bottle of water or juice, and 1 snack item
- Home-made donations, such as batches of cookies, are always welcomed.
- DINING TABLE CENTERPIECES FOR THE MISSION (23 TABLES)
- ENCOURAGEMENT CARDS: Cards can be seasonal, themed, purchased, or home-made. You can call the Mission for specific numbers of guests, but any amount is welcomed.
In addition to these opportunities, we’re open to new ideas on how to give back to the homeless. Just contact us and let us know what creative things you come up with!
- LANDSCAPE: Help with our flowerbeds and grounds beautification around the Mission and in our Memorial Garden.
- VEHICLES: Detail our vans and vehicles used to transport guests and secure donations.
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL PHYSICALS: Our Free Medical Clinic provides back to school physicals to uninsured kids in Lincoln, help is needed in many areas!*
- RAISING CANE’S COAT DRIVE: Every October, Raising Canes does an annual coat drive. This is a city-wide drive and awareness campaign.
- GOOD LIFE HALFSY: Every year, we have 200+ volunteer spots to fill for this event. Plus, every hour a volunteer helps, $10.00 is donated to PCM. (Volunteers must be 16 years or older.)
- STARRY NIGHTS: This is our biggest fundraising event of the year, and we can’t do it without the help of hundreds of individuals and groups! Learn more about Starry Nights here.
- THANKSGIVING FOOD BASKETS: We distribute these through our Homeless Prevention Center, and need help with basket registration and distribution.**
- THANKSGIVING MEAL: Spots fill up quickly for this Mission tradition of serving a sit-down Thanksgiving meal at the Shelter, so call early to reserve your spot.
- ‘SANTA’S WORKSHOP’: Help us sort gift donations and set up a Christmas Store for our guests to shop for their kids & relatives.
- WRAPPING PARTIES: Help our guests wrap their gifts, after they have shopped our Christmas Store. (Great for groups!)
- CHRISTMAS FOOD BASKETS: We distribute these through our Homeless Prevention Center, and need help with basket registration and distribution.**
- YEAR-END INVENTORY: We need volunteers to come help take inventory of items at the shelter in late December.
*Contact our Free Medical Clinic Volunteer Coordinator
**Contact our Homeless Prevention Center Volunteer Coordinator