DRIVES & EVENTS
You can help impact lives today! Team up with your friends, workplace, church or school, and share in the joy of giving to those in need!
HOST A DRIVE: A drive makes a big impact. And it’s a great way to build community through the shared joy of giving with your friends, workplace or church. Last year PCM helped nearly 30,000 of our hungry and homeless neighbors — because of donations from people like you!
HOST A FUNDRAISING EVENT: Inspire your group, workplace or church to be creative and give back by hosting your own fundraiser for PCM. We’ve seen everything from jean days and fun runs to partial sale donations and soup cook-offs.
To start a conversation about how your group can make an impact in the community through a drive or event, please fill out the form below, or contact Michele Dakan directly at 402-817-0818 or email@example.com.
Every guest of the ‘HIS Center’ is provided with a bed (or cot), three meals a day, shower facilities, personal hygiene items and laundry facilities.
- 66% of homeless single adults suffer from alcohol, drug abuse or mental illness
- 25% of the homeless population is employed
- 996 number of men provided for at the men’s’ shelter in 2016
One-on-one counseling, Bible studies, and Sunday church services are also available to all guests.
Former Men's Shelter Guest
How to Receive Services
- Must be a male, age 19 and over
- Must provide a valid Nebraska ID. (Out-of-state guests must obtain a valid NE ID in order to enter in our Program Tracks for extended stay.)
- 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- Overnight/Emergency Shelter: Check-in begins by 8:00pm
- Curfew: Sunday–Thursday: 10:00pm // Friday & Saturday: 11:00pm
- Breakfast: 5:30am-6:00am
- Lunch: 12:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner: 6:00pm-6:30pm
- Sack Lunches are available if you are not able to make a mealtime because of work or an appointment, as supplies allow.
110 Q Street
The Men’s Shelter is staffed with full-time and on-call supervisors and caseworkers.