- 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- Overnight/Emergency Shelter: Check-in starts at 8:00pm, but it is best to call ahead.
- Breakfast: 5:30am-6:00am (Men) // 6:45am-7:15am (Women & Families)
- Lunch: 11:15am-Noon (Women & Families) // 12:30pm – 1pm (Men)
- Dinner: 4:45pm-5:30pm (Women & Families) // 6:00pm-6:30pm (Men)
Sack Lunches are available if you are not able to make a meal time, as supplies allow.
Homeless Prevention Center:
- Monday & Friday:
9:00am-11:30am // 1:30pm-4:00pm
9:00am-11:30am // 4:00pm-6:00pm* (*for employed and college students)
Free Medical Clinic
Monday: 1:00pm – 7:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
- If you need immediate medical assistance, call 911.
How It Works:
- Find a Safe Place Site: (Designated with a yellow ‘Safe Place’ sign). See below for a general list and map –OR– Text SAFE to 69866.
- Ask for Help: The trained site employee will call our PCM Safe Place advocate.
- Receive Shelter & Assistance: The PCM Safe Place advocate will come and meet with you and, if necessary, provide transportation to the People’s City Mission for temporary shelter until the best course of action can be determined and put into place.
Safe Place Sites:
- Lincoln Fire and Rescue Stations (ALL)
- Hy-Vee (ALL)
- U-Stop (ALL)
- Scooter’s Coffeehouse (ALL)
- The Bay
- The Gameroom
- Campus Life
- Lincoln Journal Star
- News Link
- Whitehead Oil Company office building
- JPK Investment Motors