The Help Center will be open for donations Monday – Saturday: 8:00am-5:00pm and Sunday: 12:00pm noon-5:00pm.
Emergency Shelter policies vary based on seasonal needs, please contact the ‘HIS Center’ staff with any questions: 402.475.1303.
Every guest of the HIS Center is provided with a bed (or cot), three meals a day, shower facilities, personal hygiene items and laundry facilities.
We now have an AMAZON WISH LIST for easy donation. By purchasing from this list, items will be shipped directly to our shelter. We do not receive a list of purchasers, so we are unable to thank you personally or give you a receipt for taxes. THANK YOU!
- Cleaning supplies
- Latex gloves
Towels – Bath, Hand, Face
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Men’s Deodorant*
- XL Twin Sheets
- Kleenex – regular and travel size
- Standard Size Bed Pillows*
- Pillow Protector Cases*
- Kids Cough & Cold Medicine
- Daytime Cold & Flu**
- Ibuprofen & Infant Ibuprofen*
- Cough Drops*
- Benadryl – Allergy*
- Medicated Body Powder
*Urgent Needs at the Mission and Help Center
**We do not give meds containing alcohol, i.e. NyQuil with alcohol
- Men’s Belts (all sizes)
- Men & Women’s Disposable Razors
- Men’s Briefs/Boxers – All sizes, mostly Large-2X*
- Women’s Briefs – All sizes, mostly 5-14
- Twin Blankets*
- Bowls (Soup, Cereal)
- 10 & 16 oz Tumblers (Glass or Plastic)
- Men’s and Women’s Hair Brushes, Combs, and Pics for African-American Hair
Items We Cannot Take
- Car or Truck Fluids
- Chemicals of any kind
- Any Wet Items (clothing, bedding, etc.)
- Car Parts
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Old Style Tube T.V.
- Prescription Medicine
- Large Appliances
- Sofa Sleepers
- No Alcohol based Medication (Night Quill), & NO open cleaning supplies of any kind
- Cleaners of any Kind (Cleaning supplies ARE accepted at the shelter, ie: Clorox wipes, disinfecting sprays, etc.)
Where to Donate
We try to make donating to us as convenient as possible.
Below are PCM’s donation location options.
This is the hub for our donations and the best place to bring your housewares, furniture, kids stuff, personal care items, non-perishable food, and clothing. We ask that non-clothing items be in usable and working order.
We have several Toss Box locations around town, for wearable and textile donations.
Please call 402-475-1303 to confirm box locations, as they occasionally change. We are always working on updating the map.
LINCOLN AREA Toss Box Locations
• 84th & Holdrege (Hy-Vee)
• 63rd & Havelock (Russ’s Market)
• 70th & Adams (Dollar Tree)
• 50th & O Street (Hy-Vee)
• 70th & Pioneer (Hy-Vee)
• 56th & Old Cheney (U-Stop)
• 84th & Hwy 2 (Sam’s Club)
• 70th & A (Clocktower)
• 84th & Pioneers (St. Marks Church)
• 46th & W Huntington (Air Park Fresh & Save)
• 1st & Superior (Parkview Christian)
• West A & Coddington (Russ’s Market)
A drive or event is a great way to make a big impact and build community through giving to others with your friends, workplace, church or group.