Emergency Shelter policies vary based on seasonal needs, please contact the ‘HIS Center’ staff with any questions: 402.475.1303.
Every guest of the HIS Center is provided with a bed (or cot), three meals a day, shower facilities, personal hygiene items and laundry facilities.
- Towels – Bath, Hand, Face*
- Liquid Laundry Detergent*
- Men’s Deodorant*
- XL Twin Sheets*
- Kleenex – regular and travel size
- Kids Cough & Cold Medicine
- Daytime Cold & Flu**
- Ibuprofen & Infant Ibuprofen
- Cough Drops
- Benadryl – Allergy
- Medicated Body Powder
*Urgent Needs at the Mission and Help Center
**We do not give meds containing alcohol, i.e. NyQuil with alcohol
- Men’s & Women’s Sweatpants
- Men’s Long Underwear – Large-2X
- Men & Women’s Disposable Razors
- Men’s Briefs/Boxers – All sizes, mostly Large-2X*
- Girls Briefs – 2/3 T, 8, 16
- Women’s Briefs – All sizes, mostly 5-14
- Bowls (Soup, Cereal)
- 10 & 16 oz Tumblers (Glass or Plastic)
- Memo Pads/Tablets
Where to Donate
We try to make donating to us as convenient as possible.
Below are PCM’s donation location options.
This is the hub for our donations and the best place to bring your housewares, furniture, kids stuff, personal care items, non-perishable food, and clothing. We ask that non-clothing items be in usable and working order.
We have 9 Toss Box locations around town, for wearable and textile donations.
Please call 402-475-1303 to confirm box locations, as they occasionally change. We are always working on updating the map.
Hwy 34 & Fletcher Avenue
27th & Pine Lake
84th & Holdrege
50th & O Street
70th & Pioneers
56th & Old Cheney
70th & Pioneers
63rd & Havelock
48th & R Street
If you have a lot of donations for the Shelter, it is best to put them on our back dock (on the north side of the building). If possible, it is best to donate any large items of furniture or large donations at our Help Center (unless arrangements have been made with Shelter staff.)