It doesn't take people giving a lot to make a difference, just a lot of people giving a little bit. We are asking people like you to commit to feeding one person one meal once a month. That's it. The cost to feed someone is only $2.77, the price of a cup of coffee. Our plan is to connect with enough individuals to feed a majority of the homeless in our city.
Poverty and homelessness are serious issues for Lincoln. We believe we can solve these problems, even put an end to them. We have been working with the poor for 115 years. The resources to end poverty are primarily in the public. Individuals, businesses, service, and religious organizations giving money, time, and material possessions can change everything.
Give a little, change a lot!
We now have an AMAZON WISH LIST for easy donation. By purchasing from this list, items will be shipped directly to our shelter.
We do not receive a list of purchasers, so we are unable to thank you personally or give you a receipt for taxes. THANK YOU!
- Sanitizer wipes
- Cleaning supplies
- Latex gloves
- Towels - Bath, Hand, Face
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Men's Deodorant
- XL Twin Sheets
- Kleenex - regular and travel size
- Standard Size Bed Pillows
- Pillow Protector Cases
- Kids Cough & Cold Medicine
- Daytime Cold & Flu
- Ibuprofen & Infant Ibuprofen*
- Cough Drops
- Benadryl - Allergy
- Medicated Body Powder
- Men's Belts (all sizes)
- Men & Women's Disposable Razors
- Men's Briefs/Boxers - All sizes, mostly Large-2X
- Women's Briefs - All sizes, mostly 5-14
- Twin Blankets
- Bowls (Soup, Cereal)
- 10 & 16 oz Tumblers (Glass or Plastic)
- Men's and Women's Hair Brushes, Combs, and Pics for African-American Hair
Items We Cannot Take
- Car or Truck Fluids
- Chemicals of any kind
- Any Wet Items (clothing, bedding, etc.)
- Car Parts
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Old Style Tube T.V.
- Prescription Medicine
- Large Appliances
- Sofa Sleepers
- No Alcohol based Medication (Night Quill), & NO open cleaning supplies of any kind
- Cleaners of any Kind (Cleaning supplies ARE accepted at the shelter, ie: Clorox wipes, disinfecting sprays, etc.)
Where to Donate
This is the hub for our donations and the best place to bring your housewares, furniture, kids' stuff, personal care items, non-perishable food, and clothing. We ask that non-clothing items be in usable and working order.
6800 P Street
Lincoln, NE 68510
We are no longer accepting donations at the Shelter, unless it is food, or a pre-arranged drive or donation.
110 Q Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
We have several Toss Box locations around town, for wearable and textile donations.
Please call 402-475-1303 to confirm box locations, as they occasionally change. We are always working on updating the map.
LINCOLN AREA Toss Box Locations
• 84th & Holdrege (Hy-Vee)
• 63rd & Havelock (Russ's Market)
• 70th & Adams (Dollar Tree)
• 33rd & Superior (U-Stop)
• 50th & O Street (Hy-Vee)
• 70th & Pioneer (Hy-Vee)
• 70th & Van Dorn (HIS Autocare)
• 56th & Old Cheney (U-Stop)
• 84th & Hwy 2 (Sam's Club)
• 70th & A (Clocktower)
• 84th & Pioneers (St. Marks Church)
• 73rd and Pine Lake (U-Stop)
• 46th & W Huntington (Air Park Fresh & Save)
• 1st & Superior (Parkview Christian)
• West A & Coddington (Russ's Market)
90% of our annual budget goes to direct care for the hurting in our community.
We take this seriously. That's why you can trust that we'll use every dollar to achieve the greatest impact. PCM is primarily funded through private donations, with over 95% of our support coming from generous individuals, groups, businesses, and churches in Lincoln and the surrounding areas, as well as business income.
YOUR GIFTS MAKE AN IMPACT
Every year, you help people overcome poverty, homelessness, and addiction. Thank you for making a life-changing difference for People's City Mission.