The Help Center will be open for donations Monday – Saturday: 8:00am-5:00pm and Sunday: 12:00pm noon-5:00pm.
Emergency Shelter policies vary based on seasonal needs, please contact the ‘HIS Center’ staff with any questions: 402.475.1303.
Every guest of the HIS Center is provided with a bed (or cot), three meals a day, shower facilities, personal hygiene items and laundry facilities.
We now have an AMAZON WISH LIST for easy donation. By purchasing from this list, items will be shipped directly to our shelter. We do not receive a list of purchasers, so we are unable to thank you personally or give you a receipt for taxes. THANK YOU!
- Sanitizing Wipes*
- Hand Sanitizer*
- Face Masks*
- Latex Gloves*
- Cleaning Supplies*
- Towels – Bath, Hand, Face
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Men’s Deodorant*
- XL Twin Sheets
- Kleenex – regular and travel size
- Sack Lunch items: PB&J, Bologna, granola bars, bottled water*
- Kids Cough & Cold Medicine
- Daytime Cold & Flu**
- Ibuprofen & Infant Ibuprofen
- Cough Drops
- Benadryl – Allergy
- Medicated Body Powder
*Urgent Needs at the Mission and Help Center
**We do not give meds containing alcohol, i.e. NyQuil with alcohol
- Men & Women’s Disposable Razors
- Men’s Briefs/Boxers – All sizes, mostly Large-2X*
- Girls Briefs – 2/3 T, 8, 16
- Women’s Briefs – All sizes, mostly 5-14
- Bowls (Soup, Cereal)
- 10 & 16 oz Tumblers (Glass or Plastic)
- Memo Pads/Tablets
- Men’s and Women’s Hair Brushes, Combs, and Pics for African-American Hair
Items We Cannot Take
- Broken/damaged Toys
- Car or Truck Fluids
- Damaged/Incomplete printers, scanners Copiers
- Chemicals of any kind
- Books/Paper till further notice
- Any Wet Items (clothing, bedding, etc.)
- Car Parts
- Stained/Torn Mattresses or Box Springs
- Damaged Household Items
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Old Style Tube T.V.
- Prescription Medicine
- ANYTHING BROKEN OR INCOMPLETE
- Damaged Furniture
- Sofa Sleepers
- No Alcohol based Medication (Night Quill), & NO open cleaning supplies of any kind
- Cleaners of any Kind (Cleaning supplies ARE accepted at the shelter, ie: Clorox wipes, disinfecting sprays, etc.)
Where to Donate
We try to make donating to us as convenient as possible.
Below are PCM’s donation location options.
This is the hub for our donations and the best place to bring your housewares, furniture, kids stuff, personal care items, non-perishable food, and clothing. We ask that non-clothing items be in usable and working order.
We have several Toss Box locations around town, for wearable and textile donations.
Please call 402-475-1303 to confirm box locations, as they occasionally change. We are always working on updating the map.
27th & Pine Lake
84th & Holdrege
50th & O Street
70th & Pioneers
56th & Old Cheney
70th & Pioneers
63rd & Havelock
A drive or event is a great way to make a big impact and build community through giving to others with your friends, workplace, church or group.