OUR MISSION TO
SERVE MEN IN CRISIS
The PCM ‘HIS CENTER’ is dedicated to the needs of homeless men experiencing some form of personal crisis.
We believe that regardless of the crisis, there is hope and opportunity for everyone coming through our doors. As Lincoln’s only homeless shelter, the ‘HIS Center’ provides overnight housing and meals for men, seven days a week. We have a 101-bed bunk room, plus space for cots when weather or other circumstances necessitate.
Emergency Shelter policies vary based on seasonal needs, please contact the ‘HIS Center’ staff with any questions: 402.475.1303
Every guest of the ‘HIS Center’ is provided with a bed (or cot), three meals a day, shower facilities, personal hygiene items and laundry facilities.
- 66% of homeless single adults suffer from alcohol, drug abuse or mental illness
- 25% of the homeless population is employed
- 996 number of men provided for at the men’s’ shelter in 2016
‘HIS Center’ guests and former guests have access to the Agape Café before and after meals. The Agape Café provides shower facilities, laundry facilities, and mail services year-round. During inclement weather, the Agape Café is open during the day to those needing a place of refuge.
One-on-one counseling, Bible studies, and Sunday church services are also available to all guests.
Former Men's Shelter Guest
How to Receive Services
- Must be a male, age 19 and over
- Must provide a valid Nebraska ID. (Out-of-state guests must obtain a valid NE ID in order to enter in our Program Tracks for extended stay.)
- 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- Overnight/Emergency Shelter: Check-in begins by 8:00pm
- Curfew: Sunday–Thursday: 10:00pm // Friday & Saturday: 11:00pm
- Breakfast: 5:30am-6:00am
- Lunch: 12:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner: 6:00pm-6:30pm
- Sack Lunches are available if you are not able to make a mealtime because of work or an appointment, as supplies allow.
110 Q Street
The Men’s Shelter is staffed with full-time and on-call supervisors and caseworkers.
Art is responsible for the overall administration of the Men’s Homeless Shelter, providing leadership as well as program accountability.
More content coming soon!